Chippenham Town Council – What we do

We are the parish authority for the town of Chippenham. Our vision is to ensure Chippenham is a thriving community and a healthy, vibrant and attractive place in which to work, live and visit.

We are committed to working to provide:

  • A vibrant town centre
  • A sustainable environment
  • Neighbourhood and community benefits 

We have 24 councillors representing eight wards (areas) who are elected every four years. They set the budget, decide the strategy and actions and how money is spent. Each May a mayor and deputy mayor is elected. The mayor is the town’s first citizen and its ambassador at public, civic and ceremonial events.

Council meetings are held at the Town Hall and are open to you. We have a 30 minute open session at the beginning of our meetings when you can raise issues and ask questions.

What we do and provide:

  • The Town Hall
  • The Neeld community and arts venue
  • Stanley Park sports ground
  • Chippenham Museum and Heritage Centre and Yelde Hall
  • John Coles Park
  • Splashpad in John Coles Park
  • Community and visitor information
  • London Road Cemetery
  • Eight community play areas
  • BMX track at Stanley Park
  • Bowls and tennis at John Coles Park
  • Allotment sites
  • Maintain the Millenium Wall
  • Maintain the Sustrans rivers route cycle path
  • Maintain Westmead open space and recreation ground
  • Derriads Pond
  • Maintain the War Memorial
  • Town centre CCTV
  • Christmas festive lights
  • Bus shelters
  • Chewing gum removal
  • Top up street cleaning
  • Flower beds and hanging baskets across the town

What we don’t do:

It can be confusing knowing which council to contact. These are the areas you need to contact Wiltshire Council about:

  • Highways including pot holes
  • Refuse and recycling
  • Car parks
  • The Olympiad leisure centre
  • Monkton Park
  • Planning and economic development
  • Housing
  • Education
  • Adult social care
  • Children’s services
  • Transport
  • Libraries
  • Public health
  • Area boards

You can call Wiltshire Council on 0300 450 0100 or visit www.wiltshire.gov.uk