The Joy of Christmas
What does the Joy of Christmas mean to you? Capture it as a painting or drawing for the chance to see your artwork shared in a virtual advent calendar, feature in a town trail and receive your design as a Christmas tree decoration. All entries will feature in a virtual exhibition celebrating what The Joy of Christmas means to Chippenham.
How to enter:
- Create your image! Entries must be circular and roughly between 20cm and 30cm in diameter, or download and print our template.
- Download and complete our Entry Form and Terms & Conditions .
- Send your artwork, a good quality scan, photograph or original, with your Entry Form to Chippenham Town Council by 12 November 2020.
- Entries can be sent either to email@example.com , posted to Chippenham Town Council, Town Hall, High Street, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3ER or hand delivered to the Town Hall’s post box (on the side of the Town Hall just inside the entrance to Borough Parade).
24 entries will be selected to:
- Feature in a virtual advent calendar, with a new image shared on Chippenham Town Council’s social media each day, produced in partnership with a computing student from Wiltshire College and University Centre.
- Form a trail in windows through the town from 1 December to 3 January, where there will be the opportunity to vote for a Community Choice design who will receive a set of art materials.
- Receive their design made into a tree decoration to keep by local resin artist Paige Alexander.
Chippenham Mayor, Councillor Teresa Hutton, said “We look forward to receiving a variety of entries from all areas of our community from children and families to groups and individuals. We hope all who enter, view the advent calendar or follow the trail enjoy thinking about what the joy of Christmas means to them.”