This Privacy Statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us. The contents may change so you may wish to check this page occasionally.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. We will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
1. Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
2. Correct and update your information;
3. Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it).
4. Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information.
5. Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
6. Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information.
Here is our Data Protection Policy which includes further information and details on how to make a request.
Allotments Privacy Notice
Apprenticeships Privacy Notice
CCTV Privacy Notice
Climate Emergency Advisory Group Privacy Notice
Civic Events Privacy Notice
Chippenham Neighbourhood Plan Public Consultation Privacy Notice
Electoral Register Privacy Notice
Employees Privacy Notice
Finance Privacy Notice
Job Applications Privacy Notice
Marketing & Newsletters Privacy Notice
Museum Enquiries Privacy Notice
Museum Volunteers Privacy Notice
Planning Privacy Notice
Property Leasing Privacy Notice
Report-it Privacy Notice
Visitors Privacy Notice
Youth Council Privacy Notice
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Identity of data controller: Chippenham Town Council
Postal address: The Town Hall, High Street Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3ER
Phone: 01249 446699
You can contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Phone: 0303 123 1113