Following the announcement from the Prime Minister on 4 January, please see below how the latest guidance will affect our services and facilities.
5 January 2021
Stanley Park Sports Ground will close with immediate effect. Find more information HERE.
Chippenham Museum will close with immediate effect. Find out more information HERE.
Neeld Community & Arts Centre will close with immediate effect for corporate hirers and will remain closed for shows. It will remain open for the NHS blood donation service.
Customer Services at the Town Hall will close with immediate effect to the public, but will available remotely via email and telephone.
The Environmental Services team will continue to be fully operational and work under existing arrangements.
London Road Cemetery will remain open subject to specific Government guidelines for funerals.
John Coles Park will remain open, the refreshment kiosk will offer a takeaway service only.
Our Charter Market will remain open on a Friday and Saturday with essential retail stalls only.
Parks, Play Areas & Public Toilets will remain open.
Full Council and committee meetings will continue to take place via Zoom
For the latest Government guidance, please click HERE
04 March 2021
Since Government set out the road map for the reduction in restrictions, we have been planning how this will affect our services. If the road map happens on the dates suggested, here is how our services will respond:
• Tennis courts will open in John Coles Park
• Multi Use Games Areas will open in John Coles Park and Monkton Park
• Stanley Park Sport Ground can open for outdoor bookings
• Our Charter Market can operate with all traders
• Customer Services at the Town Hall will open to the public
• Sunday afternoon concerts in the bandstand will be able to take place from May – September
• The Splashpad will open May – September
• The refreshment kiosk in John Coles Park will have full outside seating returned
• Chippenham Museum will open
• Stanley Park Sports Ground will be open for indoor bookings
• Neeld Community & Arts Centre and Town Hall can re-open for bookings under capacity guidelines
• Council meetings could happen however social distancing, technology and operational requirements still need to be considered
• Due to the lifting of all social distancing restrictions Council meetings can take place again in the Town Hall, however legislation, technology, and operational requirements will be considered
• Shows and larger bookings can restart at full capacity