Unfortunately, our planned event to celebrate Armed Forces Day is unable to take place this year. However, Chippenham Town Council are still keen to celebrate the day by sharing a video we have produced which includes everyone who was due to attend our event.
Councillor Teresa Hutton, Mayor of Chippenham, “Although our Armed Forces Day event is unable to go ahead the way that we would’ve liked, we are delighted to bring the day alive through our video where we are still able to show our support for all those in the Armed Forces community.”
Chippenham Town Council would like to thank everyone who have given their time and contributed to making this video happen to show support for troops and their families.
The video includes:
• The Town Crier who has written a new shout especially for Armed Forces Day
• Mayor of Chippenham, Councillor Teresa Hutton thanking the armed forces
• Lord Lieutenant reading a poem by Clive Sanders
• The flag raising accompanied by bugles and drums played by 10th Chippenham Air Scouts as the flag is raised to full mast
• Lt Col Joe Brown from 9 Regiment RLC addresses what Armed Forces Day means to the military and what 9 Regiment have been doing to support the current Coronavirus pandemic
• Royal British Legion represented by Irene Sinclair addresses what Armed Forces Day means to the Royal British Legion and thanks all the residents of Chippenham for their ongoing support of the Poppy Appeal
• A minute silence to take an opportunity to think about the Armed Forces community
You can watch the video in full on our YouTube page HERE